ENK recognises that its principal asset is its people and is fully committed to the achievement of the highest standards in Health and Safety (H&S) performance.
Through the implementation of its H&S Policy and adherence to strict operating procedures, ENK is committed to its aim of zero fatalities and the elimination of illness, injury and accidents resulting from its operations.
The H&S Policy commits senior management to a systematic, practical approach to H&S and is supported by a full H&S Management System. The management standards follow the globally recognised OHSAS 18001:2007 and the ILO Guidelines and are designed to ensure consistency of approach across all ENK sites and operations.
Some key elements of this include:
- promotion of a safety culture at all worksites and ancillary facilities
- appointment of competent, trained personnel
- establishment of steering committees and emergency response teams at site
- provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees and visitors with contractor obligations to do the same
- establishment of inspection, monitoring and reporting procedures including systems for near miss reporting, and accident and incident investigation
- implementation of training and skills development
- implementation of risk assessments
- development and monitoring of compliance with Safe Operating Practices
Labour and working conditions
ENK follows a number of key principles to ensure good employee management and suitable working conditions. These are to:
- establish, maintain and improve worker-management relationships
- promote fair treatment, non-discrimination and equal opportunity of workers and comply with national labour and employment laws
- continuously monitor workplace conditions to ensure the adequate protection of the workforce, compliance with legal requirements and recognised best practice
- conduct routine medical monitoring and ﬁtness-to-work assessments
- protect the workforce by addressing employment conditions
- promote safe and healthy working conditions